Wednesday, December 10, 2014

TOMS.

“You look like one of those kids in the commercials” he said. Referring to the raggedy old TOMS shoes I was wearing at work. That comment made my heart happy. Even though I knew he was talking about the orphaned, less-fortunate kids that TOMS provides shoes for, I was still overwhelmed with joy. Orphaned, less-fortunate kids are my calling. Maybe not at this moment, in my life right now, but someday {YES}. I absolutely LOVE those little kids you see on the cover of your TOMS box of shoes. On the stickers they provide you with when you purchase a pair of TOMS. My heart breaks every single time. I fight back tears when I see their smiling faces. I wonder when the Lord is going to send me out into the crazy world to love on the people that have “raggedy” {or no} shoes like mine. I want to be one of those kids – or at least their friend. I want to run around with them barefoot, play soccer on the hard ground, & get thorns in my feet. I want to suffer through their trials and pain – because I do not deserve everything I have. Especially all God’s love He gives to me. I mess up, sin, hurt God - & still He loves me so incredibly much. That’s what I want those kids to see in me. I want them to see Jesus Christ & all He has to offer us.
I have always wanted to go to Africa {or any third world country for that matter}. I want to go there and see what it’s like because I know it is a {COMPLETELY} different world than mine here. They seem so loving and welcoming. Everyone thinks it is the country that has nothing – when in reality they {have it all}. They have all they need to survive. Maybe not every day but they will fight their battles. I believe God never gives us more than we can handle. And that makes me feel selfish when I see poverty, orphans, the poor & sick. Means they are stronger than me – means I am weak.
So there are the shoes. Raggedy & torn. Holes in the toes. Not the typical pair of shoes the American will wear. But I will wear them proudly & represent those kids that would do anything for this pair of shoes. And I will represent The Lord and all that He has done for me. I am so ready for a trip around the world to see all that I am missing – because I know there is a lot. I can only keep praying Isaiah 6:8 when The Lord asks, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” I will have the same reply, “Here am I, send me!”And I will go with my whole heart. Loving and cherishing every moment of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment